The Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund was started in 1980 upon the death of Chuck Everett, long time director and partner with Brownie Cote and Fred Rogers. The memorials that came from this early giving were the seed money that started a very active and productive scholarship program. The fund was soon aligned with the American Camp Association, providing donors with a tax deductible benefit for their contributions.
Camp’s Scholarship Fund makes “camp happen” for 40 campers in 2015
A huge thank you to our alumni and camp friends, who helped 22 girls and 18 boys enjoy the experience of a lifetime at Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert this past summer! 2015 scholarship recipients came from Illinois, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee and Oklahoma, and a good number of the campers were referred by alumni, which is much appreciated!
The Scholarship Fund was started in 1981, as a memorial to long-time Director, Chuck Everett , and through generous annual support , memorials and donations from alumni and friends, continues to help make camp possible for an increasing number of families requesting scholarship support. Donations are tax deductive through the American Camp Association, with CL and CLH matching all donations, thus increasing the amount of support for scholarships.
It is never too late to donate to the Camp Scholarship Fund. Donations can be made online at https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1107541-khUxP4aEdr. We welcome referrals, so keep this in mind as you make contact with deserving children and families in your community. Thank you for your continued help.
So, how can you help?
1. Donate to the Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund. Simply call our office and we can take your details over the phone, or click on the link listed above to complete the donation online. Checks may be mailed to the “Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund” at the camp office.
2. Join the growing number of alumni who make a gift of appreciated stock or have established a gift to the fund in their estate planning.
3. You can also help by sponsoring or referring a deserving child from your own community.
Ten Reasons to Give
10. An opportunity to contribute back to the values of Camp.
9. Provide a precious gift to another family.
8. Invest in our youth and leaders of tomorrow.
7. Camp builds character, cooperation and life skills.
6. A more diverse community helps make the camp experience better for all.
5. Help others who would not be able to experience camp.
4. Any sized gift is important and appreciated.
3. Camp gives kids a world of good.
2. All gifts are 100% tax deductible.
1. Camp matches all donations.