The Camp Lincoln & Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund was started in 1980 upon the death of Chuck Everett, long time director and partner with Brownie Cote and Fred Rogers. The memorials that came from this early giving were the seed money that started a very active and productive scholarship program. The fund was soon aligned with the American Camp Association, providing donors with a tax deductible benefit for their contributions.
This past summer, 37 campers attended Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert with scholarship support. This group included 20 girls and 17 boys. Campers were from a variety of states including: Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, California, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. Scholarship support ranged from 10% to 100% tuition support. A special “thank you” goes to our alumni who contributed $22,000 toward scholarships this past year. The camps continue to match all donations, in order to help meet the demand for the amount of scholarships requested each year.
Because of the increased requests for scholarship support, we do need your help. For our 103rd Season, we hope to increase scholarship donations, enabling more deserving children the opportunity to experience a quality camp program.
So, how can you help?
1. Donate to the Camp Lincoln & Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund. Simply call our office and we can take your details over the phone. Checks may be mailed to Camp Lincoln /Camp Lake Hubert Scholarship Fund at the camp office.
2. Join the growing number of alumni who make a gift of appreciated stock or have established a gift to the fund in their estate planning.
3. You can also help by sponsoring or referring a deserving child from your own community.
Ten Reasons to Give
10. An opportunity to contribute back to the values of Camp.
9. Provide a precious gift to another family.
8. Invest in our youth and leaders of tomorrow.
7. Camp builds character, cooperation and life skills.
6. A more diverse community helps make the camp experience better for all.
5. Help others who would not be able to experience camp.
4. Any sized gift is important and appreciated.
3. Camp gives kids a world of good.
2. All gifts are 100% tax deductible.
1. Camp matches all donations.